East Somerset Railway

_MG_0438.jpg

A short while ago Somerset Life gave me the opportunity to head over to the East Somerset Railway and take photos of the volunteers who work there.

_MG_0529-2.jpg

I didn't really know what to expect and thought that the job would probably take me an hour or so. However, when I turned up I found a great bunch of guys who are totally engrossed in a passion and love spending their time mending and shaping old trains into tip-top working condition. Of course as a photographer I also found many wonderful characters, faces and hands to take photos of. So four and a bit hours later I had just about finished and was packing up to head home.

_MG_0663-2.jpg

Whilst I was there I had the chance to add a few more images to my hands project - lovely dirty railway worker's hands covered in oil and soot.

Young Railway Engineer's Hands
Railway worker's hands

To find out more about the East Somerset Railway check out this months Somerset Life magazine or head over to their website.

--------------------
Visit my website
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on twitter

Labels: , , , , , ,