Bristol Mounted Police - People and animals project

_MG_3122-Edit2.jpg

A bit of cheek and persistence can gain you access to many interesting places as a photographer.

Having seen the Mounted Police riding around Bristol whilst I go about my life I could not help but think they were totally fascinating and quite unusual in this modern world of cars, motorbikes and hi-tech transport. Moreover the people who spend their time working in the mounted section must spend a very large amount of their life amongst animals - the exact focus of my people and animals project.

So after a few phone calls, and emails, and back-and-forwarding we finally arranged a Sunday afternoon when I could travel down to the stables in Bower Ashton.  I photographed Tracey  (a mounted officer) and Natalie (someone who looks after the horses, but does not ride them into riots and drunken city centers as part of her job).

_MG_3250-Edit.jpg

After the horses shoot I wanted to take a few pictures in the locker room...Tracey got into the locker...

_MG_3394.jpg


A massive thanks to the Mounted Police in Bristol, in particular to Tracey and Natalie.

--------------------
Visit my website
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on twitter

Labels: , , , , ,