Bonjour from Paris

IMG_5727

“Do you still take pictures when you’re not working?”


This must be the silliest question I get asked by friends and associates far removed from my work circles. Of course I take pictures when I am not working. It is my passion for photography that led me to what I do - I cannot not take pictures. On the other hand I don’t feel a compulsive need to snap at everything just because I am there and I have a camera. I like to capture the things that grab me visually, and they aren't always what people expect from a friend with a camera. Shooting for myself gives me freedom. If I capture a crap photo then no-one need see it, if one or two I capture are great then even better. Also a camera often helps me find new things that I wouldn't have seen otherwise particularly in new places.  


On holiday my camera helps me explore the places I visit, this was definitely the case in Paris. We went there for two days (don’t tell me the freedom to travel around the EU isn't a wonderful thing!) and I took a fair few photos. I’d never been to Paris before and found the city very relaxing. It is full of nooks and crannies, empty squares and awesome bridges. I ate my first steak there and, rather stereotypically, thought the food was delicious. It is also one of those rare places where the tourist attractions are worth the fame they are given. The Eiffel tower is incredible and the Louvre is just mind-blowing.

Enough talking, onto the photos - here is my wintry Paris:

IMG_5742
IMG_5778
IMG_5977
IMG_5723
IMG_5914
IMG_5956
IMG_5954
IMG_6038
IMG_5969
IMG_6056
IMG_6070
IMG_6075
IMG_6001
IMG_5747
IMG_5728
IMG_5771
IMG_5918

Labels: , , ,