My top ten from 2016

Dr Chris and Dr Xand photographed for the Sunday Times Magazine
I set two TV presenters on fire
My first shoot of 2016 was with Chris and Xand Van Tulcken, they turned up with ice, fire and brightly coloured liquids… LINK

TWPPP_Poster_4 sheet_1 1_011116_2 5
My photograph was hung in the National Portrait Gallery
My photo of Nigel Farage was selected for the Taylor Wessing Photo Prize and is hanging in the gallery until the 26th of February. LINK

Kathryn in Venice
Brits in Europe launched in the Sunday Times Magazine
In the run up to the EU referendum I photographed Brits living all over the EU. The project launched two weeks before the big vote in a special edition of the Sunday Times Magazine. See the project here: LINK

DickensSTM_30-8-2016_17353-Edit
I encouraged victorian cross-dressing in the Dickens museum
Lucy and Sophie Dickens embraced the idea of dressing up as men on my shoot for The Sunday Times Magazine: LINK


BAFTA_Florence_Pugh_4341-Edit
I started working with BAFTA
It’s not every day you get a request from BAFTA to photograph for them. In fact, it had never happened before to me until this year when they asked me to capture the Breakthrough Brits. LINK

I shot a video using still portraits
Collaborating with Dan from Ogilvy we made a video for Wileyfox entirely from stills images. These were all shot on one day in Shoreditch. Take a look: LINK


CuriousCase6964_V1_charlie

I put moustaches on mathematicians for the BBC
Yes, I got the beautiful Hannah Fry to wear a moustache. Find out more: LINK


5DS_0324
I traveled the world… but can’t show the pictures yet
Canada, Mexico, and a grand tour of Europe was followed by a project in South Africa and India. However, the projects haven’t launched yet, so I can’t show you the shots. So for now here is a picture from my instagram of a fruit seller in Kolkata. See more here: LINK


IMG_9986_Export

I experienced a whole town crying with happiness
Grown men crying, a whole city celebrating and so much emotion. I captured Middlesbrough's promotion to the Premier League from the fans perspective: LINK


Maryanne_1078_export

I gave my photographs to the homeless
Instead of taking pictures I gave them. As part of the Help Portrait movement I photographed homeless and vulnerable people at The Passage and gave them a truly memorable experience. See more here: LINK


Thanks to everyone who made this year so exciting. Bring on 2017!

Labels: , ,