Football kids of Kolkata - Taylor Wessing Prize 2017


I am delighted to announce that my portrait "Football kids of Kolkata" will be on display at the National Portrait Gallery as part of the Taylor Wessing Prize 2017. The photograph shows a group of boys who are part of Kolkata Goalz, a program that uses football for social change. The community spirit in India is like nothing I have experienced elsewhere. I was warmly welcomed into this neighbourhood late at night in the dark and humid city. Everyone came together to help me create this photograph. I was determined to capture not only the proud boys and the passion they have for football, but also the community they are so much a part of.

Last year my photograph of Nigel Farage hung in the gallery and I could not be more thrilled to be part of the exhibition for a second year running. The prize never disappoints and I look forward to seeing the other selected entries. The exhibition will run from 16th November 2017 to 8th February 2018.

You can find out more about the project this portrait was part of and the exhibition it resulted in here: LINK

Labels: , , ,